Tune-Ups & Repairs
We offer repairs for all types of bikes, from a simple flat tire to a complex rebuild. Stop by 1729 Main Street or give us a call at 204-414-1050 and we'll help you out!
Regularly scheduled tune-ups are important to extending the life of your bicycle. Like all mechanical objects with moving parts, bicycles need to be properly serviced and part will eventually need to be repaired and even replaced. Bikes should be regularly checked for damage, as well as wear and tear. Yearly tune-ups can spot safety issues such as faulty brakes, worn out tires, or even a cracked frame. Tune-ups can also prevent small problems from becoming bigger ones. Most importantly, a well-maintained bicycle is simply more fun to ride.
We have three different levels of tune-ups, depending on your need. We also have reduced pricing for single gear and fixed gear bikes. Feel free to schedule an appointment for a tune-up or simply drop your bike off at our store.
Stage 1 Tune - Up
Includes the following:
- Adjust brakes, headset, bottom bracket, cranks, hubs, derailleurs.
- Lubricate derailleurs, chain, brakes, cables.
- Minor truing of wheels
- Tighten all nuts and bolts,
- Check for proper tire pressure
- Safety inspection.
Stage 2 Tune - Up
Includes everything in Stage 1 Tune - Up plus the following :
- True wheels (on truing stand)
- Clean, degrease and lubricate chain
- Clean, degrease, lubricate, and adjust front and rear derailleurs
- Install new brake pads (brake pads not included)
Stage 3 Tune - Up
Includes everything in Stage 1 and Stage 2 Tune - Up, plus the following:
- Overhaul of hubs, headset, bottom bracket
- Replacement of all cables
- Full bike wash
- (Includes cost of cables and brake pads)